Post office box 49266 • Atlanta, GA 30359
404-617-5151 for Beat Suite
Sounds Atlanta® was formed in 2001, and is a subsidiary of Creative Services Company, LLC. We are conveniently located in Northeast Atlanta near 85 and Clairmont Road.
Our goal is to provide world-class quality recordings and products without breaking your budget. We have the latest gear and technology to make your next project perfect. Our turnkey approach makes it easy to do all production phases in one place, or mix and match for any task. No project is too large or small.
We specialize in all styles of music, from Bach to Rock.
Please ask about our special seasonal and block booking rates!
- Recording, Pre-production & Demos Mastering & Re-Mastering CD & DVD Audio
- Location Recording (all venues or your place) Facilities & Design Consultation
- Sound Restoration (almost ANY format including vinyl & wire). Archiving & Forensics
- Short-run CD duplication(Less than 200)
Acoustical design by Tony Bongiovi of Bongiovi Acoustics.
Two studios, a Mastering lab, and a Remote recording module at your command.
Studio A provides an “at home” environment for any type of project, and is video-linked to Studio B for larger sessions. All equipment is supported by extensive UPS and automatic backup generator. Two lounges, a pool and spa are available. You can even hear your project like it will sound on the radio, in your car or at the hot tub!
Universal audio suite with the following modules:
- Pultec EQP-1a
- Pultec PRO
- Cambridge EQ
- Helios 69 EQ
- Precision EQ
- Harrison 32C
- NEVE 1073
- NEVE 1081
- Precision Limiter
- Channel Strips
- NEVE 88RS
- NEVE 33609
- Boss CE-1 Chorus
- RealVerb PRO
- Plate 140
- Nigel Guitar Processor
- Waves SSL4000
- Waves API Collection
- Waves V Series
- Cooper Time Cube MkII
- Precision Maximizer
- Precision Enhancer Khz
- Precision De-Esser
- Little Labs IBP Phase Alignment Tool
- SPL Transient Designer
- Waves Mercury Bundle
- Sonalksis Bundle
- Sony Oxford Bundle
- Voxengo Analogflux suite
- URS Everything EQ
- URS Classic Compressor
- URS Pro Channel Strip
- Ampeg SVX
- Nomad Factory Blue Tubes Series
- Abby Road EMI 12413
- Kjaerhus Audio
- Audio Damage
- 6.1 surround mixing and Dolby ProLogic II & DTS coding is available. Full automation.
- ADAM A-7 Near Field and Tannoy System 1200 monitors with Hafler TransNova & Crown amps.
- Mac G5 & PC Windows XP Pro fast computers with 2g memory.
- Tascam DV-RP1000 CD/DVD recorder.
- MCI/Sony 8-track 1-INCH analog recorder.
- ZOOM H4 Portable digital Stereo or 4-track recorder with 4-GIG cards.
- Ampex ATR-100 2-track 1/2-inch recorder.
- Otari MTR 10-C 1/4-inch 2-track recorder with extra 1/4-track playback head.
- Sony cassette recorder.
- Sony MiniDisc recorder.
- Nakamichi Dragon cassette recorder.
- JVC SVHS recorder/player with SMPTE code reader/generator & jam sync.
- Sony DVD player with DTS.
- WAVES MaxxBCL multi-processor
- AVALON VT-737sp Dual Channel Strip
- 8-channel tube processor using 12AX7’s.
- DBX tube and solid state limiters (6 channels).
- DBX 160X Limiter
- Presonus limiters & gates (4 channels).
- True Systems Precision 8-channel outboard preamp.
- Focusrite Octo-Pre Platinum 8-channel Microphone Preamp
- TC Electronic System 6000 reverb with Backdrop® option.
- Lexicon Rreverb & FX units.
- Avalon D.I. (2)
- The famous “stairwell” blues reverb (analog).
- * Rupert Neve Designs- Portico 5042 “True Tape” 2-channel emulator.
- * Rupert Neve Designs- Portico 5012 2-channel microphone preamp. (2)
- * Sound Performance Labs Transient Designer 4 (4 channels).
- A-Designs HM2EQ Dual Equalizer
- BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer.
- Electro-Harmonix V256 Vocoder
- Distressor limiters with “Brit Mod” circuitry. (2)
- Distressor limiters w/o Brit Mods (2)
- Eventide DSP 7500 Harmonizer.
- TC Electronic Finalizer.
- TC Electronic Intonator (pitch correction & effects).
- Alesis Metavox Vocoder.
- Fishman Aura guitar modeler.
- Rane Parametric equalizers. (2)
- Rane Analog stereo DA
- Presonus 2-channel digital 1/3-octave graphic equalizer.
- DBX 120A sub-harmonic synthesizer.
- Roland VT-1 voice synthesizer.
- Roland Boss click generator (or ProTools/Steinberg)
- BURST Eelectronics time code reader/generator/jam sync unit.
- HEAR Technologies 16-statio headphone monitor system & custom backup monitor.
- Beyer, Sony & Audio-Technica headphones.
- M-Audio A-D & D-A 24/96 stereo converters. (6)
- JBL 4311 Studio monitors. (Wright monitors in Studio B).
- JDI passive direct boxes.
- Line 6 Guitar & Bass pods.
- 12-channel D.I. system for synthesizers.
- 2 Channels DOLBY A encode/decode.
Studio B is fast becoming Atlanta’s best drum room, with many clients just cutting drums here. Load-in is extremely easy, and the studio is video-linked to Studio A. B is also great for larger vocal groups, brass & strings. The room is often used in conjunction with Studio A.
- Mackie Onyx 12-input console with Traktion-2 software & firewire interface (12 tracks).
- Tannoy System 1200 monitors with Mackie Dual Differential high current amplifier.
- Windows XP Pro PC with 2 gig memory & hot-swap removable drives.
- 4 Tube microphone preamps.
- DBX 266XL 2-channel limiter/compressor.
- BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer.
- TC Electronic M300 reverb & effects unit (2 engines).
- DBX dual graphic EQ.
- Presonus 1/3-octave graphic EQ.
- Sony 2000ES DAT recorder.
- Nakamichi CR-3A cassette deck.
- Denon CD players (2).
- Toshiba DVD/SACD player.
- 4-channel RANE headphone monitor system.
Instruments & toys here (included with studio booking)
- Pearl Export drum kit with Sabian HHX cymbals & hat. (Midi-triggered snare & kick.)
- Precision drum tuning gauge.
- Tama mini-gong.
- Drummer’s percussion toy kit with shakers, rattlers, whistles, tambourines, and more.
- Roland digital tuners.
- Pearl Band-Style Bell/Xylophone (Bright Sound!)
- Marshall, Vox & Ibanez amps. (Other amps & heads available for rental.)
- Marshall 1960-A Cabinet
- Goodsell custom combo AMP
- Morley WAH pedal
- Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Mazarai (Bells & Whistles)
- Germanium OD
- POG and HOG boxes
- Micro Synthesizer (new version – 2008)
- Double Muff
- Takamine 12-string with pickup.
- Jackson Bass. (Plunker)
- Fender Strat guitar. (Plunker)
- Roland JV-1080 box, fully loaded.
- Triton Extreme synthesizer (88 keys).
- MOOG Professional Etherwave Theremin.
- Yamaha MOTIF XP8 Keyboard
- Fender Rhodes.
Our studios and remote (location) recording facilities draw from a large inventory of microphones, black boxes, plumbing and cabling. Here is the basic list (in-house). SoundsAtlanta has a substantial amount of large and small stands, booms, cables, and specialty items for use in remote/location recording, not listed here. Please see the Remote Recording page for more info on remote / location recording services.
We are members of: